Sunday 1 February 2009

Truth-Blind


"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value"

It's not that success isn't a good thing, it is. But it isn't a good word. Success comes in a package of many kinds but unfortunately many souls on this Earth tends to see success as living luxuriously glorified by status symbols. I'm not saying that is wrong either but money can be a route to all evil - don't take it literally and burn all your belongings. It is greed that blinds us and makes everything go utterly wrong.

There are many forms of success. The one I see is me being able to finally grab control of my own thoughts & actions, breaking free from the ancient universal psychology while living my ultimate purpose. Money isn't much to my taste. As long as I can keep my health, loved ones & source of knowledge, I'll do just fine. I'm not trying to say I'm a saint, nay! I came across this behaviour by wanting a goal that's different from everyone else. I was chasing diversity much too obsessively. And from my way of seeing my ultimate success, you can tell how selfish & self obsessed I actually am. To me, the most humble goal is being able to help others change for the better. Hopefully we will all come to this when we're done helping ourselves.

Okay back to the saying above, success is a bad word because it focuses on the destination. What we really want to focus on is the journey leading to the destination. Not only that we'd learn better but we'd also be much happier thinking in the present. And isn't that all that we want, happiness.



The tragedy of a journey is when blindness grab holds and we lose ourselves. There's a lot of manipulative agents & enticing temptations out there. Many may appear innocent at first but later reveals it's fierce iron claw. This blindness may either make us lose sight of the destination once & for all, or make us lose our loved ones, or even self-destruct. Being too preoccupied with the future may also lead to blindness. The only cure to blindness, as I have experienced, is staying close to our religion. Staying close to God. Our Maker, Our Owner.

Forget X-Files' saying, "The truth is out there". The truth is within ourselves. That's why the search is never ending, we've been looking in all the wrong places! And again, what are we searching for? Happiness. A tip that might help this search, stay close to happy people, take in their positive energy and bloom. As much as I like being alone I have to admit, functional relationships are what makes me happy.

"To achieve & maintain the relationships we have to stop choosing to coerce, force, compel, punish, reward, manipulate, boss, motivate, criticize, blame, complain, nag, badger, rank, rate, and withdraw. We must replace these destructive behaviours with choosing to care, listen, support, negotiate, encourage, love, befriend, trust, accept, welcome, and esteem." - Willian Glasser, M.D., Choice Theory.

I think the difference between becoming a person of success and a person of value is the effort involved. One less than the other, value. Live and let live, age gracefully. Don't try too hard to grow up ahead of others. No rush. Take in the air and experience the life around you. A word to myself as well.

Good Luck out there, it's a dangerous world.

Later be the days...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dearest EDD..

haha, tiba-tiba aku rasa ko salah course. pi tukar psikologi, or amek master dalam bidang psikologi :P

i like these points most:
"Okay back to the saying above, success is a bad word because it focuses on the destination. What we really want to focus on is the journey leading to the destination. Not only that we'd learn better but we'd also be much happier thinking in the present. And isn't that all that we want, happiness.
Forget X-Files' saying, "The truth is out there". The truth is within ourselves. That's why the search is never ending, we're looking in all the wrong places!
I think the difference between becoming a person of success and a person of value is the effort involved. One less than the other, value. Live and let live, age gracefully."

inspiring, i give 10 stars :P

Anonymous said...

btw, i tagged you.. :D plz refer to my blog.. can't wait to see your answers..

edd faLco said...

awww..tq for the comment wan. aku mmg salah course pn but im making the choice to go through this one. ade la sbbnye...maybe i'll post the theory behind that.

i noe the tag. iv searched all the photos 4 it. but i hv to put it on hold jap..smentara inspired nk tulih karut2 aku nih. hehe. jap eh.