Sunday 27 April 2008

"the unexamined life is not worth living, man"


Okay, skip this if you're not interested in psychological theories.

What strikes me the most about Demetri [read previous post] is that he has a great outlook on life. Well yeah with him being a comedian and all but they have ups & downs too..[I'm supposed to recommend a movie here but can't recall the effin title] But being a comedian also gives him the advantage, he analyzes the living for every possible detail just so he can poke fun at it. He mentioned something in 1 of his acts which correlates profoundly to what was written in that book I'm reading, "Choice Theory". It was that [I'll use Demetri's version to uncomplicate things] we have our own personal lense that we use to view the world into and this lense has been shapen by our previous experiences.


I wish I could quote a sentence from the book but I left it somewhere far away. So I'll just write what I remember from my comprehension of it. We all have our own personal 'quality worlds' where in it we store our most cherished people, objects, or experiences. I imagine mine as electrons circulating around & over me. These cherished beings or things can't simply be put into or pulled out of a quality world like pocket change. To gain access they must have at least once in your previous experiences fulfilled 1 or more of your crucial needs: survival, love & belonging, power, freedom, fun & learn. We trust those items to make us feel complete. Now, it is this world that we use to relate to the external world, this is our lense. This is why we percieve very differently from others or even similar if those electrons consist of the same item and vibrate on the same frequency in individuals.

It was a big one for me to swallow bcoz frankly, I'm self-obsessed and I keep wanting to make other people agree with me. I'm still wrapping myself around all this bcoz I got so used to my ancient thinking. There's more to this actually but c'mon already! Shut the F up EDD!


And all that thinking & typing is making me dizzy [not to mention skipping a night's sleep]...I'm going for breakfast with my parents...YEEAAH!!
Please feel free to share your thoughts about all this. I'm open to any other...stuff. Laterz.

3 comments:

undercover said...

Now this is what I like to read. I wish I knew how to have your blog readily available...

edd faLco said...

Thanks. i got lucky, inspired by the right book and youtube video. Though, I tend to overspill my words. Yours are so simple but beautiful.. I bookmark my favourite blogs.

Ib said...

haa u ever consider write books? eyh edd publish la ur writings skali skala.wud be fun! those dark poems, cynical lyrics..cheh2 my assumptions je tu..