Tuesday 19 May 2009

Mystifying Event



Two nights ago, my family and I dropped by my apartment to clear up my belongings and take them home. I finished my 6th [8th actually] semester and had to move out. I went up with my 2 brothers to the 14th floor. Although I had already packed up before going home a few days before, we would still need to make a few trips up and down to get everything.

On the first trip up, I already noticed something [I'm aquarius, we're sensitive]. Now I was the last person to leave that apartment, all the other girls had already packed up an left days before I did. I enjoyed 3 nights alone [time of my life] in that empty apartment before I actually went home. When I left, all the doors except my room's were closed, I made sure. The lock to the main door had to be twisted twice to completely secure it, so I did. That night when I went back to fetch my things, it only had to be twisted once and it was open. As I let my brothers in to grab all the heavy boxes, I thought to myself, "Somebody must've came in, but who? It couldn't have been the girls, they live far away and what business would they have coming back to an empty apartment?", and then it occurred to me that it might have been the maintenance guys coming up to fix that broken door latch to the laundry area. So I tossed the matter aside and grabbed a box. Leaving a light on, we left, locking the door [twice] behind us.

For the second trip, I went up with my younger brother. We went in and had a little discussion on who should carry what. Thinking it might be the last trip up, I looked around the study hall in semi darkness to make sure nothing was forgotten, not yet noticing any peculiarity. After loading as much as our 2 hands can carry, I noticed that there's still a pile of shelves to be carried. But it couldn't be done, so I thought I'd come back alone later and quickly grab it. Intentionally not locking the door after leaving, we went down to the car. My father asked if the family could go up to the apartment to pray for Maghrib as it would be too much of a rush if we were to pray at home. "Of course, let's go!" And so we boarded the 1st elevator to the 2nd floor. On the way the second elevator, we realized there's a surau on that floor and decided it would be more convenient to pray there.

After prayers, I went up again with my 2 brothers, just for the sake of bullying them into carrying a few shelves. So of course, they acted bitchy on the way up, even after we split the shelves 3-way. My younger bro even turned of the lights while I was still inside and went to the elevators. It was then that I noticed in the dark, the door to the bedroom right in front the main door was open [not my bedroom door]. So I said to my big bro who was standing right in the doorway, "That shouldn't be open, hold on I'm gonna check it out," and turned to switch the lights back on. As I turned back around, in the flickering lights, I saw the door closing with a bang. I froze, I looked at my bro, he looked at me, I turned back to the door. "Maybe it was the wind," he said. "Impossible. We should've felt it. And the windows in that room are closed." We paused a second and decided to leave. I locked up, twice. My brother then made fun of me being spooked up and I wasn't embarrassed of admitting it, my heart was beating frantically for me to try and find a possible answer.

sorry, have no clearer pic than this..as you can see, fairly empty as I'm the last to go

My bro told the rest of the family of what happened while I accompanied my father to pay for the parking. They pointed out that I shouldn't have left the door unlocked before going down. Well, whatever it was that closed the door that night, I can't help realizing the fact that I have to go back and fetch the curtains before I check out. SHYTE!!

Later days...

4 comments:

shogunn_general said...

and here i thought you listening to all that metal songs would make you fear for nothing.. =p

edd faLco said...

hahaha!! hey man, c'mon...we all hv our fears. besides, i hv a wild imagination

endaMD said...

was there someone else? or was there something else? nape tak gi bukak je balik pintu bilik tu?

edd faLco said...

sbb kami pengecut...
something or someone...not prepared.

dah lme x tgk ghost hunters, dah hilg keberanian..muahaha!!

If it was someone, thr was nothing left in the apartmnt so...might as well just leave em thr