Saturday 9 August 2008

Olympics 2008...the fight for humanity

What a great show the Chinese put on yesterday for the opening ceremony. The lights were amazing, the scroll was awesome. I just pity the Chinese girls and guys being the borders, they had to do that clapping cheering thingy for hours! But they did it anyhow, for the country they love.

See, that's something I lack. Nationalism was never my thing, it's not that I don't love this country. I'm thankful because this is the only country where I can walk around freely being myself, not having to fear any racial or religious attacks [it exists but at the utmost minimal level]. I'm an individualist, a selfish brat that lives for thyself and thy family only. I guess that's why it's hard for me to trust people, even when people begin to trust me I try to shed it off by doing things they wouldn't expect. Trust, to me is like an attachment. But it's okay if the link isn't that clustering, like I can go off for months without talking to this trustee but I can still come back and ask a favour. Unfortunately there aren't that many people who can tolerate that kind of behaviour and logically thinking, nobody should. So, okay I get that and I'm sorry. But I get really uncomfortable when I'm around people other than family for too long. That's an ego of mine other than the 'pink' issue.

But anyway, the Olympics to me is a noble fight for the last strand of humanity left in everyone of us. Everybody is preaching for world peace but nobody actually believes in it. If they do then they shouldn't. But the games show that they are willing to try and bring everyone together. I'm not saying it's impossible, in a cruel world like this anything is possible. But if by any chance we do get absolute peace, there wouldn't be anything left to live for. So we don't want war between nations, but killings and corruption won't cease to stop.

Actually when you think about it, is the Olympics really the symbol of unity? They're fighting amongst themselves. Okay, so athletes are professionals and they have sportsmanship, I respect that. Maybe it's just me, I fail to see the whole point because I'm too caught up in my own kingdom of metal and fairy tales.

Anyhow, this is my last week staying at home. Tomorrow I'm off to college, so no more waking too early in the morning to catch the train every weekday. I'm gonna miss that. Including the free net connection...huhuhu! There could be a chance I won't be staying at college anymore next year. My brother told me of his plans to purchase an apartment somewhere in KL and he's asking me to be his housemate. Cool. But it's just a plan in mind.

Laters...

No comments: