Friday 23 May 2008

Previous Week

Hey Brook,

I've been really busy having tons of fun sweating out from head to toe. It's not like my past holidays in which I've always been pretty much dead as a zombie.

Had a hell of a time playing football with the boys
[or simply watching em']. Missed being so active. I even sprained my right thumb last Friday, attempting to be the goalie [damn I miss those days!]. This slowed me down on the weekends.

She has a name now. I'm just not sure what it is...heheh.

Saturday. Went to visit my new cousin in Damansara born on 16th May [the day before]. She's not even a day old in the picture.

Sunday. Zombie day.

Monday was a drag even though it was a holiday. I had to cancel some plans due to rain. And it upsets me that I had to use a spoon to feed myself. I even had to hold it at a certain angle in order to prevent the pain of my poor thumb.

On Tuesday, I had a great time jamming with my bro and the transit boys. It's been quite a while since I get to sing out loud. We did multiple versions of ManBai's 'Kau Ilhamku', including punk and reggae. I felt Myles Kennedy's vibe at some point singing that song with my own style. I tried to use Phil Anselmo's southern style too. After that we headed out for more football.

Wednesday. Birthday celebrations. Busy day! At the DayCare we have 2 sessions of kids coming in and out. 'The morning kids' [TMK: 7-9 yrs old] and 'the afternoon kids' [TAK: 10-high school]. My mom and I had to handle birthdays for both sessions and still get them to school, on time, as usual. I had to keep the TMKs from getting too excited without raising my voice, very hard, almost impossible. For the TAKs, things were easier. I only had to settle the food part: 2 barrels of KFC, 3 large coleslaw, 3 large whipped potato, & 3 cheesy wedges.

I somehow like being the delivery gal. I did in fact consider being a 'mat despatch' if ever having to quit what I'm doing now. True story.

Thursday. Woke up to find the electricity was out. Some guys were upgrading our power box so that we can put a lot of air conditioners in the house since global warming isn't showing any signs of toning down. Isn't this kinda ironic? Not sure. Anyway, I spent the whole day hanging out in the garden.

Then it rained heavily, so I took advantage of this natural sound blocker to sing out loud to Alter Bridge. Also because of the rain, I was finally in the mood for some worm digging. I've been putting it off due to dry weather and the thumb injury. I managed to find 5 worms. Yaay! So the experiment begins! I hope they're still alive.

In the evening, watched the boys play 'drunken football'. It's what they do when they get bored of the usual methods. It was a real laugh. Wish I had a videocam to record all their shyte. Good times indeed.

Okay...it's Friday morning now. Off to bed!

Later days.


No comments: