Sunday 28 December 2008

Twas The Holi A Fortnight's Passed


What the heck indeed. Just ta
ke this as a continuation of the 'Zombie Week' post & be warned that it's quite long. Let us begin! We got onto the road on Friday morning, the day I wrote 'Zombie Week'. Our destination? Cherating. We registered into Suria Resort and headed for the beach.

Suria Resort
Registration was slow, and they gave us the wrong room number & also the wrong key. We finally settled in one but the doors in that room had an issue in...closing.

Other
than that it was good enough for a good night's sleep. There were 4 of us so we only got a 2 singles room.



Aaaaahhh, the beach.










Unfortunately, I never learn from past experiences, my attire was unfitting.










Thus, I served as a towel rack for my bro.









This 16 year old kid, who is effortlessly posing as a fragile gay being.









Yes, mighty stick, let us wait for the tide to come in and wash away our sorrows.

Me, in b
eing a lazy ass & you in being stuck in the sand.






That night I slept early while my parents watched an award show, no idea what it was. I brought my laptop and
broadband modem so you can guess what my bro did for the night. I woke up at 4am and found that my cousin Dooha was online, so we chatted away until subuh.

At around 7am...mmmm...free breakfast.
The coffe
e was suspiciously good.
The day was gra
cefully raining.
The waves were booming from afar.


My mom got news o
f the landslide at Bukit Antarabangsa from his brother who lives there. Fortunately, his family lives in the safe zone. What a coincidence! It happened around the time I woke up, 4am.


At noon we took off to Kuala Terengganu where
2 of my aunts live. It was raining all the way and there were a lot of cars. So everything was dull & slow moving. What was supposed to be a 2 hour journey lasted around 6 hours instead. We passed by some flooded areas and saw boats being prepared in front of houses.

I love rain but not when I'm in the car on the road.
To be honest, I always get nervous when I'm in a moving car, no matter who's driving, except myself. Hahaha!

We spent a night at one of my aunt's house and
after breakfast on the following morning, we continued our journey to Kota Bharu, making a stop at Pulau Duyong to catch a glimpse of the Monsoon Cup.

The little one is my cousin, Hanif. He was tagging along since our car was quite spacious from the lack of people.








We went on a free motorboat ride for a closer look at the action.









This was from Pulau Duyong, 2 hours away from the finals that we had to miss in order to reach our destination in daylight.

I'm not much of a fan of this sport but my dad is, so as long as he's happy, I'm good.


Anyway, the wind was very pleasing.


And so we kept going...

We made a stop at a 'Restoran C.I.R. - Pusat makanan ringan & keropok losong' by the side of the road before reaching Besut.

It was lucky we did because they served the best keropok lekor I have ever tasted! Crispy on the outside & super soft on the inside.

Apparently they were freshly kneaded & subsequently fried. Fresh keropok lekor, something everyone should try out.


It wasn't much of a restaurant but it was a great idea. They serve drinks to go with the keropoks & if you liked them, you can buy the not so fresh version of the keropok at the shack next to it. They had a vision.


Anyhows, we finally reached Kota Bharu. Yay!
The first night was at my dad's kampung, Salor. Raya Korban is best celebrated here instead of my mom's kampung, I'm not sure why but truth be told.

My dad releasing the sacrificed cow from the fastened rope.

I was absent from the 'massacre' because I failed to escape the warmth of the blanket that wrapped my body from the chilliness of the morning.






Bloated!










For the next few days we stayed at Taman Guru, my mom's kampung, awaiting the big day. Kenduri [may I call it that?] for little Firdaus & Kaira, the latest additions to the family.


Until then we [me, bro and cousins] had 3 days
& 4 nights to waste, especially the nights which of course extended into the early hours of the morning. Simply said, we turned nocturnal.

Activities included:



- surfing the net [I was the provider, courtesy of my Celcom broadband]


- pl
aying Big Fish's MCF games [provided by me as well]

- jamming [my guitar]


- trading songs [mostly from me]

- watched all the 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' episodes [provided by Jaja]

- gossiping & catching up


The only thing I regret was not being able to film a music video for this year. The 1st was made 2 years ago, it was an emo version of Avril's Girlfriend. The 2nd was filmed last year, it was of MCR's Teenagers but unfortunately the digicam broke and I couldn't upload the film to to a pc to edit. This year? I had nothing planned out. Other than that, we didn't pose much either. Well, at least I didn't.

Here's a few...

Edd: Sheesh, I'm so bored.

Doo: Quiet, we're reading.


Alin: I'm pretending to read.





Edd: Let's rock this joint! Shoot some music vids dudes!

Doo: Hmmm...I'm down with that! Let's gather the crew!


Alin: Ooooh...I wanna be the cutest one in it.






Edd: Lets make an ultimate gore one! Really metal! Rrooaaarrr!

Doo: Oh no! Don't pull us into your darkness!


Alin: Nooo!




Edd: Okay I'm kidding. Lets do comedy!

Doo: Aaaaahh...you scared me.


Alin: Taubat..taubat. Hey this book is kinda interesting.
[reading Ayat-Ayat Cinta - she actually finished it in 1 day]



Edd: And then we can post it on Youtube!

Doo: and get horrible comments? Nay! Nnt kne pkai tdung.


Alin: oh my God, how I have sinned!




Doo: My turn in front! Charismatic pose...

Edd: Oi! Brani ko mncampak ku ke tepi!


Alin: Tidak, aku tidak mahu men 'posing' dah. Aku taubat...




Edd: Oooo charismatic yea...beat this Doo. Woof!

Doo: Aaaahh...stop it Edd, evrybody knows I won

Alin: Oh yeah? check this!




Doo: Yelah tuu alin...kte dah tobat.

Alin: Edd's darkness pulled me back out of the light.


Edd: How about this pose? I win, yes?




That was our activity while the others were preping the meat...

the men are preping outside

After the kenduri we all dispersed. As in we all went home, leaving Doo's family who had to stay behind for a week more.

So that's basically it. Great fun, alot of wasting time, but most importantly, great fun! Hahahaha!

Laters!

4 comments:

Dhuha said...

wahahahaiii!lawak sguh dialog2 ittew..haha..kreatif2..

shogunn_general said...

ahh..never knew hari raya korban could be such a blast!

edd faLco said...

it is at my kampung..

shogunn_general said...

its true then, kelantan can really throw out a good hari raya haji (as if its a party! lol) but seriously, looks interesting though