Monday 29 December 2008

Hot! Hot! Hot!



The awful Monday as a holiday turned out to be quite okay.

Me & my family went to the hot springs in Perak. Oooohh! It was in a Felda Residence. The place is called Taman Rekreasi Air Panas (TRAP) Sungai Klah at Sungkai. Entrance is RM10 per head. There's a discount for the old folks, RM7 only. I don't know if there's student price or not.

The first time I went there was a few years back, I can't really remember but back then it was still in the process of construction and word of the place wasn't out yet. It has both hot spring (hot) & mountain water (cold) pools and a few other attractions.

Near the entrance, if you choose to park outside & walk in, there's this boardwalk pathway where you can enjoy steam from the
natural springs below. It's really cool...in a way. But we missed it this time because my dad wanted to park inside.

Hot Spring Swimming Pool

See that sad face below? It's saying 2 things:

1. Eeeww gross [I know it sounds bitchy but I'm not a fan of public pools because it's the same as re-using one's bath water]


2. I thought we were going to the private family bath thus I did nay bring an appropriate attire.


Anyway it wasn't even hot! According to another tourist my dad talked to, it might be because of the cool weather. Plus, we were the early birds, so the pool was just 'turned on'. ???


This is a boy. So I call him BoyBoy.

BoyBoy is standing in front of a hot water source. You wouldn't be able to see it in the pic but it was clear where the point of source was. You could see water being dispersed.


My cousin BoyBoy is. Shy he is nay.





Therapeutic Pool

I can't remember what temperature this tiny pool was at but you could see how we're not too keen on the idea of merely submersing our foot in it.

The thing was, I know the temperature won't damage me physically but the pain was still a boulder and thus it became a mental challenge.

I gave up a few times but was finally able to dip both my feet in up to the ankle. Both my bros actually managed to stand inside the pool...knee deep. We stayed around 20-30mins[max time allowed due to health reasons].


After we retreated, any body part that was in contact with the body of water turned as red as the devil's dick [hahaha! always wanted to use that line from 'Pineapple Express'], of course I'm exaggerating but it did turn pink the whole day.

There's also a Water Reflexology Course which I did nay take a photo of. It's a path with stubby stones embedded in it and hot water flowing on it's surface.

Egg Boiling Activity

This is where we boil eggs. I know, it sounds so random. We could even ask for either half-boiled or well-done eggs. We brought our own raw eggs. They do sell eggs there but you don't know where they're from :P

Awesome, the place already stinks off sulphur. All we need is every tourist being a potential stink bomb.





Family Bath


Yay! This is one of the best places of which I was hoping to go back to after all these years. It's private with each room closed off from the public. The open aired room includes a cold shower, toilet, and benches inside. Beautifully decorated with living plants. This is just the standard rated ones [RM75 per hour]. There are some other rooms of much higher class where towels are provided and massages available.

Loved it! I was the last to leave as you can see me trailing ever so far behind.

I was a little dizzy after that, which isn't a good sign. Darn!


Anyway, we proceeded to the next facility.





Mountain Water Swimming Pool


The Red-Eyed Octopus who loves spraying around

Falling body of water

This is one large pool. If you're a pool freak, unlike me, you'll definitely love this place. The water is cool & calm unless you have someone pissing in the pool nearby or someone decided to drop the bomb [of both kinds, they're both lethal in a public area].

My mom was constantly trying to talk me into going for a dip. I was a little tempted but I had no extra pants. As I said before, I wasn't expecting public pools.


Then we lepak-lepak, I spent quite a lot on theme park junk food to please the rumblings of me tummy.








Then we surveyed the villas & resorts available. Who knows, next family day?

*If you look closely you can see that my feet are pink, though the colour is toned down in this pic

Yosh!




Just a tip though, the cafeteria SUCKS! The food is okay but the service lacks a lot.


Peace out & do nay forget to rock!

No comments: