Monday 10 November 2008

The Man-ly Presence



I know it's kinda too early for a new entry since I should be shoving my face into a book somewhere [exams in 2 weeks...unlike most others], but I just have to get something off my chest.

I had a hard time sleeping last night, not because I just read tonnes of ghost stories prior hitting the covers, and not because I was contemplating whether I should call off the morning's patient or not, but because I already slept off-the-charts hours for that day. So, what to do? The usual, I dialogue with myself [I can do this since my roomie's sleeping over at her friend's]. But not "with myself" with myself like in the previous post below. Bedtime dialogues are with rock idols in my head. After a while I did fall to sleep.

At around 0630 I woke up to my two alarm clocks [yes, I need 2 to wake up], I think I was awake but now I'm not too sure because I felt a presence telling me to go back to bed. It was a man. I didn't see or hear anything but I get this feeling, a strong one and I can't explain it any more than that. Later I woke up at 0830, already missing my morning class. That was the first thing that hit me, then a minute later I felt a very agonizing pain in the abdomen. That female pain, sharp, shooting, gut-twisting pain.

Now, let me just sum up the total emotional situation here:
frustration of missing class + agonizing menses pain + acute "I can't do this anymore" attack
So I just went back to bed to simply flush them away.

Later, I dreamt a very vivid dream. It was ridiculous but very real and I felt the same manly presence in my dream. It'll be too long to explain it in detail so I'll just give the important details. The man had a friendly presence, like someone I'd trust with my life. And it proved to be so. I was being hunted by a being [a cross between the grim reaper and dementors]. This creature can only be seen by those who has witnessed it 'killing' someone else before. They stalk those who have witnessed and later killed them, making it look like a suicide.

I can't remember any details of me witnessing it kill before but it already tried to kill me twice before so it was hot on my trail and by then I looked like a suicidal maniac. I don't know how I escaped before. Then I realized that the manly presence I felt earlier clearly had a husband type of role. It felt like he wanted to believe me but can't seem to grab it [mcm dlm 'Devil's Advocate']. BUT as the creature came to kill me for the 3rd time [drowning me], that husband figure saw it and saved me. See how ridiculously movie-like this is. So now he believes me and we're both being hunted so we flee into the night.

The dream didn't have an ending. If it did, I can't remember any but I do remember waking up feeling very sad. I looked at the clock, it was 0900. Surprising, all that in 30 minutes and I didn't even get into the details. I can't connect the dots here and I'm not sure if there are dots to connect or if I should connect them. But this is one of those dreams that makes you want to remember because it had a special feeling or impact with it. Obviously I was in a weak state of mind so I was vulnerable to 'you-know-what' at that time. But it gave me an idea for a new script! Oh and I can't feel his presence anymore. Kinda spooky thinking about it.

Later days...or nights.

No comments: