Saturday 14 March 2009

HeartBroken & MindBoggled

So sad, it's giving me backaches all over again.

Vypress is no longer fixable. Seems that cracked acoustic guitars are just tossed away. Damn guitar salesperson! Don't you say that to my dear Vypress! I'm not gonna toss her away. I mean she can still function as a guitar pretty well, I just hate the fact that she's torn up inside and behind.










It would be too irrational to store her away after I get a new one so I might probably lend it to my cousin until she can afford her own. I don't think selling her off would be a good idea since she was my first and nobody would buy a banged up guitar anyways.











So what now? Do I buy my friend's RM4XX, red, Ibanex Gax-70 or some other electric-acoustic for a cheaper price. This time, I am thinking through the financial aspect. What if I bought both? Throw in an amp, it would still cost me less than my 80G iPod Classic.

Am I serious about guitar playing? Well, now that I know I have the potential, I would love to get serious. Oh for goodness sakes, I easily bought the iPod without going over it like this, why am I all tangled up from deciding what to do? Where is all that guilt coming from?

IF I am ever going to get a new acoustic guitar, I'm surely not going for the fancy shmancy carbon fibre round-back ones. They do look young & hip, but I'd rather buy one with a hardwood back. They age gracefully and be of more value as it gets older [as long as I play it of course]. No, wait. That sounds poyo. I take that back. Whatever! As long as I can play
comfortably well.

Later days...

No comments: