Thursday 5 March 2009

The Aching Need


Damn you, Vypress!

See the crack? This was last year, now it's worse.

Why has it worsened? Because I did nay get it fixed & the new strings I bought are freakishly tensed & hard. I can't even play a full song without stopping a moment to mourn over the devastating truth that Vypress is a wreck. Plus, to rest the finger pads. Pins & needles man!

Anyway, I am in desperate need of a fix. Not like as in getting high [although you know I'd love to], but like an actual repair and maybe change those paining strings. Either that or I buy a new acoustic guitar. Hmmm...too irrational?

A friend of mine is offering his red Ibanez GAX-70 for around RM500 - RM400.


I asked for RM400 of course and he said, "as long as I know my 'bini' will be in good hands". Yeah well, he doesn't know what happened to Vypress. I never actually thought of getting myself an electric guitar since I'm not that good yet, but this deal is too good to pass up!

So, I kinda have to decide on 2 ultimate questions here:

1. Fix Vypress or buy a new acoustic guitar?

2. Buy the RM400 red Ibanez GAX-70 or wait for some other fool to give me a free one?

Whatever happens, I still need an acoustic guitar, new or not. It's not about the money, I just don't know if I can love a new guitar as much as I loved [past tense] Vypress. Plus, I don't know if the amount of dedication & skills I have now for striking those strings would increase as much as I hope it would by getting a new guitar.

Okay, you know what, I'll just get Vypress
fixed. Hopefully before 10th April, I'm gonna be needing her on that day. Decision to buy the Ibanez or nay will be made around this coming Saturday. Fingers crossed!

Later days...

2 comments:

shogunn_general said...

i dont know shit about guitars but i bet a chick who knows how to play the guitar are always cool..damn i just a nerdy guy who plays the piano....

edd faLco said...

oi..being able to play the piano is as cool if not cooler. look at matt bellamy, he's godly-cool [not literally]

actually, its not the instrument u play that determines the coolness. its the passion n skillz. with those, cool can turn to sexy. ahaaa!!