Thursday 30 July 2009

ShreDDer


No, I'm not talking about the age old villain of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I'm talking about getting ripped. If you know me [like really really know me] you'd know I am obsessed with wanting a six pack abs. If at all possible, a whole ripped bod. Not of the bodybuilder kind, just as much as Jillian Michael's.

I know what most people say, "ppuan x lawa la bdn besar, gagah perkasa!". SO WHAT! It's for me! It's one thing I won't be showing off anyway. Self satisfaction, to know that I am in control of my own body and mind. It's not easy but much more bearable than some of the stuff I'm going through right now because it's MY CHOICE.

So far, I've been going through countless phases in attempting this goal but never really made it yet. This year I've just started. I'm undergoing Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred. This of course can only work if I control my diet. I know I'm not obese but I have my frustrating target areas. So far on my 22nd day and I feel awesome! I haven't lost any weight, mainly because I still have problems controlling my food intake and even if I did lose some it may have been counterbalanced by some weight gain via muscle mass. I am all toned up. It's a great feeling.

The great thing about the workout is that it only takes up 20-30mins/day. I added my own modifications so mine lasts up to 40mins/day. The whole thing is divided into 3 levels of gradually increasing intensity. Level 1 for the first 10 days, Level 2 for the next 10, and Level 3 for the final 10 days. I must warn you, it never gets easy but the pain is worth it and it feels good.

Diet monitoring is pretty hard when you're at home, eating your mom's cooking but I'm able to manage my own portions well and take some supplementary side dishes if I feel the need. Counting calories, keeping the ratio balanced. Carbs, pros, fats. H2O, fuel for the body. Oatmeal, oatmeal, oatmeal.

I'd love to write more about the whole thing but there's already way too many articles on them. If anybody's interested just google em' up.

Later days

No comments: