Friday 9 August 2013

Memento

I have said that I should start writing again. I said that last month exactly after the holidays started.

But I've forgotten, as usual. I really don't know what goes on in my head sometimes. I am pathologically forgetful, I swear. And having multiple opinions criss-crossing on multiple subjects at one time really does exacerbate things.

You know that hyper-creative state you get into just before you fall asleep? Well that's what it's like on a daily basis for me. A slightly watered-down version than the actual sleepy-brain, but that's one way I'd describe it.

OMNISHAMBLES
- this new word was named the Word of the Year by Oxford Dictionary in 2012. it's still underlined red as I'm typing it.
- it is what you think it means, shambles at large. Go Google it lazybums...
- I'm going to use this word to describe my thought processes. I dub thee, Brain of Edd, Omnishambles.

See I just learnt that tiny piece of linguistic fact from one of many Brit's comedy quiz shows, hosted by Jimmy Carr. And this is what I have decided to do to keep on writing for this failing blog. Which is - if at all possible - write a daily entry of TILs ["today I learned" - for those unfamiliar]. SIMPLE. Be it film reviews, common knowledge, life lesson, or basically a self reminder of how to survive around people [take note introverts].

You might think DUH everybody who blogs does that. Hardly a breakthrough there. Well sorry, I've been stuck on the 'Myself Update' version of blogging that I annoyed myself to stop writing. So please be proud of me for realizing this weightless grain of epiphany and I'll try not to be the reason you hate bloggers. [who the prick blogs anymore anyway???!!!]

I'll set some ground rules as I go about doing it.

I think they'll be mostly on things I'll learnt of QI. I mean, I've already forgotten what I was supposed to put as my first learned lesson that prompted me to actually start typing. Bad Omnishambles!

Later be thy days...

No comments: