Monday 11 April 2011

At Dom's: A Month Later

I survived! While 2 other boys have trained and left, I am still here. I think it's mainly because I've been stationed at the front as the cashier. I am learning to make pizzas and have made a few orders but often sent out of the kitchen and towards the front to handle the customers during rush hours such as lunch/dinner time and throughout the weekends. I don't really mind because in a way, they still need me. There are issues of staff shortage at times which is quite frustrating.

I have befriended the Dom's staff and although their lives are staggeringly different from mine we can still relate. The managers here are strict but friendly and I value that a lot.

At Domino's I am not Edd Falco, I am Hidayah or Dayah. I am not a metalhead/rock chick but a girl. How did this happen? I have no idea, it just did and I like it for a change. It kinda reflects how I am really perceived in the open world and not just my bubble of thoughts. They treat me like a lady! Don't get me wrong, I still work hard, throw out the trash and clean everything from the rubbish bin to the hanging lamps. But the boys buy me food and drinks, make sure I get to eat, ask how I'm doing, and make me laugh when I look tired.

There'll be a new girl coming in for training today. YAY! The only other girl staff has been absent a few times now. This new girl I have a feeling will stay long, she's a tomboy like the current one but not as loud. Hopefully she'll do fine because we are critically short on pizza makers and I don't think they're too keen on training me as one for I would leave in a few months.

Update! I blew off both left tires of mom's Iswara last night coming home from work.

Still tired but still happy, later days...off to work.

6 comments:

Dhuha said...

hahah happy for you! bila baca cerita ida, teringat cite korea, coffee prince :P

Orange Fever said...

At last...you're a girl. Hahahaha....

Nawal Amalina said...

kak ida, terharunya baca post ni :) hehehe!

edd faLco said...

Dhuha: cite psl org kje kat warong kaa?

along: always hv been...diorg nih dah la x caye ida 25, klo kate ida org plg ganaz kat dental pn lg x caye..kne gelak je

alin: trharu knape?

Dhuha said...

yup cte pasal sorang minah tomboy keje kat restoran dikelilingi lelaki pastu kne treat mcm wanita.hoheh

edd faLco said...

waaow...gle sama seyh..mcm harus ku tonton..hmm